In honor of Mademoiselle Chanel’s birthday, we’ve selected her finest quotes on jewelry
Photo: Getty Images/Cecil Beaton
Coco Chanel originated some of the most memorable clothing, accessories and quotes having to do with style and dressing well.
Like her tweed suits, little black dresses, strands of pearls and iconic camellias, her musings on fashion and good taste certainly stand the test of time.
In honor of Mademoiselle Chanel’s birthday, we’ve selected her finest quotes mostly about her feelings on jewelry, of course.
1) “Accessories are what makes or marks a woman.”
2) “I want my jewelry to be like ribbons in a woman’s hands. Supple and flexible.”
3) “If I chose diamonds, it is because they represent, with their density, the highest value for the smallest volume.”
4) “Jewelry is an ornament.”
5) “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take at least one thing off.”
6) “Lace is one of the most wonderful imitations of nature. But pearls are perfect for every occasion.”
7) “My jewels represent an idea, first and foremost! I wanted to cover women with constellations.”
8) “Jewelry is not unchanging. Life transforms it and makes it bend to its requirements.”
9)”A woman needs ropes and ropes of pearls“
10) “It’s the theatrical aspect of jewelry that fascinates me.”